How to create a Metamask wallet? Step by step guide for your computer and mobile.
Metamask is an app that is installed in your browser with which you can create a crypto wallet, where you can store your funds in a more secure way. In this guide, we explain step by step, how to create a Metamask wallet:
1.Download the Metamask application at the following link. link.
2. Once you are inside you will see the Install MetaMask for Chrome button, when you click on it you will be redirected to "Chrome Web Store" where you will click on "Add to Chrome" and it will download securely.
3. Once downloaded and installed, a welcome panel will be displayed in which the application will indicate step by step what to do:
4. In the next screen you will have to "Create a portfolio" in case you have another portfolio you could click on the import portfolio option.
5. Create a password, this is very important since the security of your funds depends on it and it will protect the access to your private key.
6. Keep the key of your wallet, this key is a key that will allow you to spend or transfer cryptocurrencies to other wallets, it is very important to keep it with special dedication, because if it is lost there is no way to recover it.
7. Confirm the key of your wallet, to know if it is correct and you have saved it in a safe way, you will have to select it in the right order to be able to confirm.
8. Once confirmed, congratulations! You now have your Metamask wallet to start using it.
Mobile App Version
To install and configure Metamask on your cell phone you will have to follow the steps below:
2. When you have installed the application it will give you 3 options.
- Option 1: Import an existing wallet using 12 keywords, it will ask you to create a new password and the 12 keywords from your existing wallet and once you have done so you will have access to your money.
- Option 2: Synchronize with the application previously installed in your browser.
- To do this you will have to open it and after that:
Click on Settings+Advanced+Synchronize with mobile+ Scan with your mobile camera the QR code that appears on your computer screen.
Once you have done so, you will be able to access the same account you have on your computer from your cell phone.
- Option 3: Create a new wallet
To do so, Metamask will ask you to create a new password, and to check the box explaining that if you forget your password, Metamask will not be able to recover it.
- Next you will have to secure your wallet and read the tips that the application gives which are quite important for the security of your wallet, this step is mandatory.
- In the next step you will have to confirm the password previously created and the 12 keywords associated to the wallet will appear, these 12 words must be stored in one or more secure places, this is recommended by metamask in the previous step.
- Once you have copied the words Metamask will ask you to order them to make sure they are well copied, after that if they are well ordered it will allow you to move forward.
- Once you have ordered the words you will have access to your wallet from your cell phone to start using it.
If you enjoyed this guide, you may also be interested in. "How to obtain the PayPal ID and secret key".